MAKEUP MAKEUP MAKEUP!

After I had Freya, I started this new obsession with makeup. Before Freya, I bought and wore makeup but I had never really been interested in buying it or applying it, I just shoved it on as fast as I could in a morning before leaving the house. But since then I have a little obsession thats grown a tad out of hand and that is YouTube makeup videos. Yep, I know, I am a bit slow on the uptake but I finally got on board. It is great for learning how to apply makeup different ways and hearing about fabulous new products. 
So from that to this post. I decided to do a little post featuring the makeup I use and how I apply it. I am not perfect, I am learning but I feel that I am starting to understand (maybe). 
Lets start by looking at what is in my daily makeup bag and the products I use on a daily basis. Here they are;
Foundation; Estee Lauder - Double Wear
Contour; Illamasqua - Hollow Pigment 
High lighter; Estee Lauder - Ideal Light
Blusher; Estee Lauder - Pure Colour 
Eye brows; Sleek - Brow Kit 
Eye shadow; Urban Decay - Naked 2 
Eye liner; Barry M - Liquid Eyeliner 
Mascara; Soup & Glory - Thick & Fast 

So here we are, naked faced. Before I applied anything I washed my face with Liz Earle - Cleanse and Polish that is all. I never moisturise or use any other products and this is because I forget. I have a cupboard full of things that I have used once and just forgot to carry on. Trying to keep a routine with skincare is hard around everything else you have going on. I always find I have no time, these are excuses really and if anyone has any looking after your skin tips, please chuck them my way. 
So base, before applying my foundation I apply GOSH primer, I absolutely love this primer and I find it easy to apply without leaving my face oily. Then I apply my foundation - Estee Lauder - Double Wear. I absolutely love this foundation, I don't think I would even go near another foundation. To be quite honest, I am a little bit of a estee lauder addict. Everyone has a favourite when it comes to brands and makes for everything and they seem to be my go to brand. I find that their products work perfectly with my skin. 
Before I started using Doube Wear, I used to use cheap foundation. In fact whatever was on offer and everything I tried never worked with my skin. It would leave me with spots or dry patches of skin. Then one day I decided to go out and try something different. I found myself at the Estee Lauder counter in Shrewsbury's Boots getting matched up and I am so glad I did this. 
Next up is contouring. Okay, I love contouring and I would not know of such a thing if it wasn't for the brilliant Kim K. I mentioned contouring to a friend and she mentioned that illamasqua have a brilliant contouring pigment which is so brilliant. At £17.50 it is a bit pricey but it will last you for so long and it is brilliant. I have it in Hollow which is amazing. It is a grey based product which doesn't leave you looking orange or like you have used bronzer. I have always been told bronzer is a huge no no for contouring for two reasons; it can leave you looking orange and noone wants a streaky orange face and the fact is it powder, which means applying isn't so easy to make shadows. 
I apply the Hollow Illamasqua pigment with my index finger round my hair line, each side of my nose, under my cheek bone and around the jaw line. All these places add definition to my face. I am someone with quite a round face shape so contouring can really make a big difference to my face and making my facial features more defined. 
Moving swiftly on to blush. I love blush! Nothing I love more with blonde hair and pale skin is a good pink cheek and the pinker, the better, I say. It really stands out and gives that something to your face. I love Estee Lauder and everything they have to offer but they have the best pink shades for blush I find. 
Then last but not least, the finishing touches. I sweep on a bit of Naked 2 on my eye lids (My fave shades are bootycall, tease and busted) then some eye liner, I only use Barry M eye liner because it is cheap and cheerful but always stays put. I don't like to buy expensive mascara and eye liner because I am forever getting stys in my eyes and tend to throw my eye makeup away incase I spread them. 
And last but not least, my fave part of it all, the brows. I have been trying to perfect the big brow for ages now, watching videos and asking friends for tips. The sleek brow kit is amazing, it is my fave piece in my makeup bag these days. I am in the middle of growing my brows out and this kit helps make them look natural and big and just brilliant. 

So that is my makeup bag and my daily makeup routine. I most definatly aren't a pro but I do love doing my makeup, because I am a typical girly girl. Let me know your fave makeup pieces or even better, give me some tips on skincare, because man I need it. 

Thanks for reading. 

Vix
Ox 

Vix Bayliss

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I need to revamp my makeup bag! And I MUST learn to contour! You look stunning!! Xx

    ReplyDelete