Freya Olwen's 365th day on earth.

The beginning;
My beautiful little newborn baby was one on Sunday. One, that is a whole year old! How is that possible? It seems like only five minutes ago, me and Dean discovered we were going to have a baby. I can not believe how much she has changed, from being a tiny little brakeable baby to this little toddler that knows how to throw a tantrum. 
Obviously I could not write this post without including at least one photo of my new born baby girl. Before the day Freya was born, I was scared of child birth and never knew what to expect but when it happened it was the most amazing expierence I could have. I felt so strong and empowered with pride. I had such an amazing labour in a brilliant low risk birthing unit. It was so relaxed and enabled me to focus which meant I could do it without any need for pain killers. (Which shocked Dean and I)
The moment Freya was born the pain stopped. The pain of labour and pregnancy vanished. My body was calm and so was my life. They annouced I had a girl, I couldnt digest it, I was so so so sure I was having a boy. So sure that only a week before I went into labour, me and Dean decided, that maybe we should have a think about girls names as we had a boys name picked from the moment we had our 12 week scan. I saw the dark hair and instantly blurted out "it's a Freya!" She was how I imagined a baby Freya would look like. Dark hair and so beautiful. 
It hasn't been the easiest of years, labour is probably the easiest part of having a child. (Yep, sounds insane but it is true) the sleepless nights, tears, tantrums and panicking is all forgotten about when you hear a laugh or see a smile. Learning together is what it is all about, you learn more from your baby than your baby learns from you and I can't see the learning ever ending. The connection you can have to someone is just instant. I would of never thought that parenting would be like this. You make the rules, how you parent, what routines you have and how you live, there isn't an instruction manual, it is hard but when it is hard, just take a second to breath and think about when it is easy and how full your heart feels when you look at your pride and joy. 
This was us back then, so excited and fresh. Not knowing what to expect or what was going to happen over the last year. I could not have done it without this man, he is the most amazing, brilliant and just damn right fabulous father. Freya and I are the luckiest girls in the world to have him. To see them together, playing is just the most heart warming thing to see. The bond they share is unbreakable. When ever Freya see's her dad, she beams with happiness and it completes me when I see this. 

The biggest first birthday bash, ever;
We went all out, literally all out. We held it in our local village hall because we didn't have enough room for the 60 guests we invited at our home. We asked Deans dad to dj which meant there was a variaty of music on all afternoon and we played party games. The party games were mixed up, we had adult games and some childrens games so we could get everyone in the party spirt. It also gave both Dean and my family to meet properly for the first time. Oh and of course it isn't a party without a bouncy castle, so we had to have one of them. I think the adults enjoyed it just as much as the kids. (Me and my mum got carried away at one point and we almost had to evactuate the children) 
There was so much food that everyone was taking plates full home for work. We spent all saturday cooking sausage rolls, an extra large chicken and two ham joints for sandwiches, oh and I may have made a three tiered cake (because I am that insane mother) and Freya had her first taste of party food and cake which she loved that much that she didn't even chuck anything on the floor.
I think Freya's favourite part of the party was the balloons, she absolutely adored throwing and grabbing and waving the balloons around. 
I was so nervous about the cake because I had an idea of what I wanted to do but I had never done tiered cakes before. Thankfully, I managed to pull it off and for a first timer doing a tiered cake I would like to say I did an amazing job. 
The bottom tier was chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream, the middle tier was vanilla sponge with vanilla butter cream and the top tier was a beautiful heart shaped vanilla sponge with strawberry butter cream. I decorated the cake with strawberry buttons too to add some extra strawberry taste. I enjoyed myself so much decorating the cake. Once I had finished icing I decided to spray the cake with gold cake spray which I regret because it did look better white, but you learn from your mistakes and I won't be using gold cake spray again.

The birthday outfit;
I finally want to just mention Freya's birthday party outfit. It was so perfect. Dean, Freya and I spent Friday in town looking for the perfect outfit (in between buying presents and food for the party) and we looked everywhere. We looked in all the top end childrens clothing shops but we could not find the perfect dress - we wanted some thing that wasn't just a day time dress but also couldn't be too evening party. So as a last resort we decided to head over to Primark and that is where I found this perfect dress, it is more than just a summer day dress but not quite as dressy as an evening party dress, it is so perfect and at £8.00 it didn't matter if it got ruined with birthday cake. (But it didn't) And Freya will definately be wearing it again very soon. 
The embroided flowers over the light blut dress were just too beautiful. I cannot believe it was so cheap, it doesn't look like it cost so little. I am almost tempted to go back and buy it in the next size up for the summer wardrobe. 

Vix
Ox



Vix Bayliss

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is just so beautiful. I honestly cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. I still remember all your morning sickness, you announcing so casually that you had given birth and all of the leaps Freya has made. I feel blessed to have been able to see all of this unfold. I hope you all had a fabulous time and roll on the many more wonderful birthdays to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ellen! Hope you stick with us and stay reading. I want to blog as much as i can and have it for memories. We had a brilliant day and cannot wait to plan the next one xxx

      Delete
  2. She is such a beautiful little girl and you're a wonderful family! We rarely ever talk but when I see a post about how happy you are on Instagram I get a really giddy feeling! Much love to you and your perfect family ❤️ Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad Freya's party went so well - but let's be honest, it was always going to be a great one ;) This past year has flown by and you and dean are doing an amazing job raising the most beautiful little girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it means a lot. It is going to to to fast! Sometimes the days just all roll together. It needs to slow down xxx

      Delete
  4. Looks like an amazing birthday for Freya! The cake looks awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, the cake was a huge success! We had a brilliant day. Xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely post! She is such a cutie and I love the dress.
    N xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I need another excuse for her to wear it really! Xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh what a beautiful post and such a cutie! Even more broody now! Our birth experiences sound very similar it's lovely to hear :) so pleased you had a lovely day happy birthday Fraya! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a straight forward relaxed birth expierence. Thank you very much im glad you loved reading it. Xxx

      Delete