Brightening up the garden with the best toddler.

Now Freya is old enough to grasp the concept of most things and understands what to do when shown how to do stuff, I thought to myself, what is a lovely activity we can do together outside in the sun. Well of course, a bit of gardening. But I am a complete novice when it comes to gardening so I asked a few ladies I work with what I should do or where I should even start. Pots! Plant pots is the perfect place to start and I knew I had seen the cutest plant pots ever a few weeks before in Pound World.
Was I right? Or was I right? Are they not the cutest plant pots? And for £1 each I could not resist. So once we had picked up 10 plant pots (because that is a fairly good number to start at right? Rome wasn't built in a day remember) we trotted off to our local garden centre and picked up a load of different plants. 
Okay, I wasn't 100% sure on what I was picking up but I picked up a good range and I am hoping for the best in all honesty. 
Freya was so wonderful at helping, she pulled the plants out of their plastic throw away trays, scooped the compost from the bag to the pot and helping pat down each plant before getting bored and losing interest. (Then ran off with the cheap plastic hand fork and started hitting everything with it instead) 
Now we have these beautiful lot brightening up our garden so far. Next month I am going to expand our collection and do another 10 so then slowly it will look more like a garden, a bee and butterfly friendly garden. 
Although once the plants were done, Freya did want to replant them so she did pull a couple out of the pots again, which I had to explain to her that we had to be nice to them and leave them in their new homes for they can be homes for the butterflies. 

Vix
Ox


Vix Bayliss

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment