The end of my 'I have nothing to wear' blip.

Okay, we all know how much weight I have lost since January (A whopping 2stone and 9lb) well, due to that all Dean seems to hear is "I have nothing to wear" about twenty times a day. Which isn't even one of them annoying things where I have loads to wear but need new, it is a genuine thing as everything I own is massive on me now. Which meant it was time to take the plunge, see how many dress sizes I have lost and to get me looking the part again. So if you haven't guessed it yet, this is a haul post for my summer wardrobe which I am so excited about because I haven't bought myself many things over the past two years and deserve a good splurge. 

Well that brings me to this post and what happened last Saturday on my day off. We decided to head into Telford because we had to pay for our wedding and ended up stumbling into Primark, which I was not a big fan of when I was over weight, because lets face it they don't accommodate the curvy ladies with their awkward sizes but now they are my best friend.
I want to start with how wonderful fashion is this summer. It has really upped it's game from the last few years.
The denim number is a low waist flare dress, not the most flattering on some people but I was surprised when I tried it on and it looked lovely. I cannot wait for the perfect family day out to wear it. Then we have this beautiful monocrome dress (which I would love to add is a size 8, this is brilliant because I barely fit into a Primark size 14 back in December) the material of this dress is soft and good quality. It is a piece that I can see not leaving my wardrobe until it is ruined from use. 
As it is summer, I couldn't resist this palm tree patterned maxi skirt, which is very 1987. I am pretty sure my mum owned something very similar when she was around my age as I have seen in photo's. The two slits up the front can make this skirt work during the day with a crop top cami top, sandals and sunglasses or adds that slinky sexy feel to an evening piece, teamed with a tight crop top and wedges. 
Speaking of sunglasses though, look at these! Are they not just the cutest sun glasses you ever did see? They are so lovely and I couldn't not buy them. Oh and for a whopping £3.00 with a glasses case also, they are an outstanding buy. 
Whilst glancing at the sun glasses, I spotted a few little grey items which I could not avoid. Soft fake suede grey is always a must. It isn't as harsh as black leather but also has that expensive look to it that can be dressed up for evenings out and work then dressed down for a day of shopping or lunch out. 
My final few buys were absolute musts right now, UNDERWEAR! Once you have a baby, you seem to go into this faze and I am going to call it a faze because you need to snap out of it before it is too late. A faze of big pants and sometimes you forget to treat yourself, so not only are they big but they get worn and ruined from general use, washing, drying and everything. So not only was my underwear unattractivly big and worn it was also too big for me too, size wise. Which meant it was falling down ans uncomfortable. Primark underwear is not only disposable as it is so ridiculously cheap, it is also so cute. They have a large range of sets ranging from £3 to £13 which cannot be found anywhere else. They also offer pants in all sorts of styles with the cutest patterns. 

I was very impressed with my haul and now my wardrobe is looking a lot more healthier. No more moaning that I have no clothes, well for just a little while anyways. 

Please feel free to tell me your fave Primark summer buys recently or evening what you couldn't live without in your wardrobe. 

Vix
Ox



Vix Bayliss

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I love Primark underwear! That bra at the front is so pretty, I need to get one. I found a beautiful kimono in Primark last week but they didn't have any that weren't stained, so I'm on the hunt for it still.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete