Sneak peak: Freya's bedroom.

Since we moved house recently I thought to myself, why not give all my blogging friends a sneak peak into our new home, room by room. So to start, I am going to start with my favorite room in the whole house, Freya's bedroom. 
Before we moved I had ideas for what I wanted Freya's bedroom to be like when she got her own room again from the best website in the world - Pinterest. I pinned a zillion pins with cute woodland themes. Toddler bedrooms can be really hard to fix up and getting ideas is hard. You could stick to the usual television charaters and gender specifics which can be quite garish. Heres a sneak peak of 'Freya's Bedroom' pinterest board;
Taking the pinterest board onboard and adding my own ideas I created the most perfect bedroom for the most perfect little girl and here it is; 
All the little pieces that make this room so perfect have been little finds during moving or cost barely anything. 
The F cushion cover was a steal, a real steal. It was from textile express and cost a grand total of 50p. I couldn't leave it there for that price and it really adds a cute feature to the bottom of Freya's bed. It is super soft too. 
Oh my gosh, look at the bedding though! It cost £11 and I found it on eBay looking for woodland bedding (hoping to find something cute and not over priced with foxes or stags on) but this cute VW campervan and tipi floral bedding just caught my eye. I was almost tempted to get it in double too so I could have it on Dean and I's bed. 
Little upcycled pieces just top of the bedroom like this beautiful vintage radio that my nan gave to me. I painted it up with chalk paint - because it had a lot of ware from being so old and it really fits in and adds colour. 
Just having little bits and pieces top the room off too - like the russian dolls that Bryony had lying around, the super cute cat money box Freya's great great aunty bought her, vintage tins I got from my grandma and even that bunny night light which I picked up a few years back. Finishing touches don't have to cost the earth, they can be upcycled or found. 
Freya has a lot of books but I have decided to just display our favorites - my old disney books which I had when I was little (I am a little gutted these were all I could find because I did have the full collection) and of course the Beatrix Potter full set which are just the most perfect books ever. 
And last but not least my favorite thing on the wall, this cute sparkly mirror that Bryony found which she had since she was a little girl. I have put it on the wall at the perfect height for Freya to look at herself. I love the little "you are gorgeous" writing on it because I want Freya to be confident and know shes a 110% gorgeous and beautiful and noone else should tell her any different. 

Vix
Ox

Vix Bayliss

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment